Learn more about how orthotics for plantar fasciitis can provide relief from symptoms.
Plantar fasciitis is a painful condition characterized by inflammation of the plantar fascia, a ligament that supports your foot’s arch. There are several different ways to manage and treat the condition, both surgical and non-surgical. In some cases, wearing custom orthotics for plantar fasciitis can help.
You might have plantar fasciitis if:
- You experience pain in the bottom of your foot
- You experience pain when getting up after long periods of rest, and the pain subsides after walking for a few minutes
CONTACT US TODAY
For more information about plantar fasciitis, or to learn how custom foot orthotics or other treatment methods can help you, contact our office today for a consultation. Dr. Aziz will be able to examine your feet and ask questions about your symptoms in order to determine how to best help you experience relief.
What causes plantar fasciitis?
In general, plantar fasciitis develops through overuse of your foot. You can inflame the plantar fascia through a number of activities, like sports. You are more likely to develop plantar fasciitis if:
- You are female (possibly because tight fitting shoes can put pressure on your feet)
- You are overweight
- You have an occupation that requires overuse of your feet, like a lot of walking or standing
- You walk or run regularly for exercise
- You have irregular arches (either very high arches or no arches)
Before talking with you about orthotics for plantar fasciitis, Dr. Aziz will ask you questions in order to determine which activities could have contributed to you developing the condition. This information will help your orthotics to be tailored to your feet more perfectly, and will match with your lifestyle. Understanding how you developed plantar fasciitis can also help you to avoid it worsening or returning in the future.