Learn more about our experienced Orange County podiatrist.
Dr. Salma Aziz is an experienced Orange County podiatrist offering consultations and treatments for a variety of foot issues. Her office sees foot development issues and potential problems in:
- Babies and children
CONTACT US TODAY
- Flat feet – the lack of arch in the foot (and a potential source of pain)
- Toe walking – found specifically in children, this occurs when your child does not learn to walk correctly
- Ganglions – small cysts filled with fluid that form on the ankles and other areas
- Bunions – bony lumps that form on your big toe
- Warts – growths that develop because of bacteria on the skin
- Corns – thick areas of skin that occur as a result of friction or persistent pressure
Our office focuses on non-invasive approaches to foot and ankle problems whenever possible, so you can receive treatment with minimal recovery time necessary. If surgery is necessary, you can count on our medical staff to ensure that your treatment is effective and thorough.
When should I see a doctor for foot problems?
At our office, we would rather see you to evaluate foot and ankle problems early. There are a lot of conditions that can only cause more pain without treatment, and conditions such as fungal infections can actually spread to the rest of your body without intervention. In general, you should contact your Orange County podiatrist for any of the following reasons:
- Sudden pain in your foot, ankle, or toes
- Pain that worsens with walking or repeated activity
- Growths of tissue on your foot
- Changes in your foot’s appearance, like the development of warts, corns, or calluses
- Changes to your nails, like toenail fungus, ingrown toenails, or black and blue nails
You should also arrange for your child to see Dr. Salma Aziz if you suspect that your child has trouble walking or if his or her feet are not developing correctly.
Do you offer non-invasive treatments?
At our foot and ankle care center, we strive to offer our patients a variety of non-invasive treatment methods before needing to resort to surgical methods. Some of our most reliable treatment options include:
- Custom foot orthotics – Tailored specifically to your feet and walking mechanics, these prescription shoe inserts can be used to relieve pain associated with a wide variety of foot problems, including neuromas, flat feet, and ulcers.
- Laser treatments – Our laser treatments are primarily used to eliminate toenail fungus.
Other non-invasive treatment methods can include stretching exercises, splints, and medications. Your Orange County podiatristcan also make suggestions that can relieve your symptoms, like changing your footwear to something that fits properly. Surgical methods are only used if any non-invasive options are determined to be ineffective.