Learn more about plantar fasciitis and its symptoms and treatment options.
Your plantar fascia is a ligament-like band that runs from your heel to the ball of your foot. It is responsible for raising the arch of your foot as your heel pushes off the ground. If your plantar fascia becomes strained:
- The plantar fascia it can swell
- Its tiny fibers can begin to fray
CONTACT US TODAY
Some of the most common symptoms of plantar fasciitis are:
- The bottom of your foot hurts when you stand
- You feel pain on the inside of your foot
- Pain worsens with prolonged movement
The first goal is reducing your symptoms, followed by correcting the problem.
- Medications – Over-the-counter medications may relieve pain.
- Physical therapy – Your doctor might recommend stretching exercises.
- Taping – Using tape can support the arch and control movement.
- Custom orthotics – Shoe inserts can help control the way your foot moves and reduce symptoms.