Learn more about flat feet and its symptoms and treatment options.
Flat feet are characterized by a lack of an arch on the bottom of the feet. The condition is often present from a young age.
- Flat feet can also develop if the foot’s arch simply loses its strength
- This can strain the joints at either end of the foot
CONTACT US TODAY
Treatment might not always be necessary, but nonsurgical or surgical care may be needed, especially if you experience pain:
- Taping – This can temporarily help your feet to maintain their proper position.
- Custom orthotics – Shoe inserts can shift the weight bearing position of your feet.
- Surgery – As a last resort, surgery, might be used to realign the bones in the foot or reinforce the tendon structures.